Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Cleaning up My Desk with the C-W X-19

I don't even remember why I pushed X-19 aside. But I think it's time to get back to it. Today I started off easy by dipping the canopy in Future and setting aside under a cover.
Then I turned to installing the props. There must have been a little problem with the mould as the two front nacelles had the locator holes already drilled. The back ones, however, were covered over with resin.  I just simply eye balled the location and drilled away. 

When I started installed the props, I discovered an error 3/4 of the way thru the install. The prop nacelles are not the same size - the front ones are smaller. So I had to pull 2 of the props off and reinstall correctly. No big deal.  It's so much more comfortable to build with an attitude of " I want to make it look good," instead of "It has to be great!"  Here's where I am --


You can still see a little raw resin. That's because I have to prime it again with the gloss black as I just bought the majority of Vallejo's new metallic line. All reviews say it works great. We'll see. 
Thanks for looking.

No comments: