Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Creating a Few Leaves

I was wandering around for some leaves for a diorama and saw a snow flake hole punch in Michaels Crafts. 
noticed that if I cut the "wings" from the center point of the snow flake it looks like an oak leaf. If I cut that in 1/2 it looks like a trident maple leaf. I got home and took some real leaves from the lawn and cut myself some snowflakes. Then I tried it with my kid's construction paper. While the real leaves look best the paper ones aren't that bad especially when they are dusted with a little weather powders. 
I think the 5/8 snowflakes are a little too small for 1:6 scale figures. But they should work for smaller scales.
Obviously if you want a ton of leaves you'd prolly go mad first. But for a few,  I think it fits the bill.  HTH.

No comments: