Saturday, June 9, 2018

Vincent Price Bust

The Vincent Price bust is a nice kit from Rebel Resin.  It's in caricature style, and a little loose refining of the sculpt. But hey it's a good representation, and I left it as designed following the old adage "Don't ruin a good model (in this case) trying to make it great. " 


Primed in my black and white
It came as one piece  and I can't really tell if it was hollow or not. There were two spots in the back that sounded hollow until I poked and discovered that there was a skin of resin and then a long hollow bubble for lack of a better word. No matter garage kit builders are quick with the fix. I packed Aves into the bubble, sanded and all was good. 



I always start with the face and this time was no different. Looking at pics of Price, it was hard to find a image to use as he changed a lot seemingly from movie to movie. In the end I decided to make a young-ish Price with the light brown hair and blue eyes (yes, I looked it up) ;)  and base coated his hair with Leather Brown. Oh yes I also put the black base coat to the eyes.

The wrinkles got a wash of Citadel's Reikland Fleshshade and then it's a back and forth between the basecoat and the 2nd and 3rd highlights. More next time, thanks for looking.

 

No comments: