Sunday, June 17, 2018

Christopher Lee Dracula

This is one of the newest offering's from John Dennett's MoonDevil Studio. It's a two piece kit - the bust and base, in a bubble free resin. There is only the faintest remnant of a seam line across the top of his head and it too no time to make invisible. 

While I always picture vampires to be these pasty pale people.  Lee was none of that. The most I saw was, in a few pics, was they used (IMHO) too much powder to mask his 5 o'clock shadow. This was the pics I used -






I started off with my usual Beige Red for the skin base - 
From there it was a simple matter of filling in all the base colors I wanted - 
I was going to go out and get that Rustoleum Stone paint for the base. It's a type of paint that's basically some sort of gray, but somehow it spits out whit, black, and sometimes beige to form what looks like a rock. But- hehe -I was too lazy (maybe next time) and used used a dark gray base, with light gray highlights. I then used Vallejo's grime effects to make the green schmutz, and also Citadel's Mephiston Red to create some blood splatter.
The face was done as I usually do, in that I did simple highlights gradations, and then tried out some pastels to make shadows, and before I knew it I was done. Thanks for looking. 





No comments: