Saturday, June 2, 2018

Cookie !!

After doing another vehicle, I quickly retreated to a figure for the next project.  The Cookie Monster was done by Monster Dork Studios.
It's a sort of take off of the cuddly muppet we all know. Except this guy looks anything but cuddly.
As a sidebar, there is also a creepy Elmo available... ;)

Cookie came in 7 parts of odorless resin. I know this is an older kit (I remember it being around for a while). With that, the mold seems to have slipped in spots on the body, and it did take a little work to get that line to disappear - nothing big for those used to resin kits - 



From there, I gave him a dark blue base coat. I didn't want it to be just simply blue, so I painted a flesh color and then did the squiggles to show veins and stuff under the skin. This turns out to be a bit of a mistake as we will see later on.

Ugh! He definitely sat in the gravel driveway too long...
 To get him blue again, the Prussian Blue I used shows a bit of purple. This is where I ran into trouble with the flesh. The first few coats of Medium Blue over the flesh showed up green.  Now I have to balance between leaving it a little green or covering over all the squiggles detail. I tried my best at a balance and then after a Matte coat, I started highlighting by adding a bit of white the the Medium Blue - 




More next time. Thanks for looking. 


No comments: