Sunday, May 27, 2018

Red Star 47 part 2

Moving forward with the build I decide to build this kit in subassemblies, and when I do to paint as I go.  The first I notice is that some of the lights are cast in clear resin. So I give them their Future dip, and then when dry put a little Humbrol Maskol on the lens. I plan to paint the back of the light in chrome. This way when the light is painted the fuslage color, one can still look and see a shine thru the lens - 
 From there I painted the seat a leather color and then the instrument panel. Not knowing what I wanted to do with the interior, I just painted the panel black. This probably will change. The buttons were just white with a blue wash, the dials with white with careful painting of the dial and indicators. The was a square with no detail at all. should it be a speaker? Nope. I decided that somewhere in there is radar, so this will be the radar screen -

Just about to call it quite for this session I test fit all the fuselage parts. The tolerances of the parts was so close that each could benefit from a little sanding.. After a few minutes of that, it all went together snugly. Thanks for looking.

No comments: