Monday, May 14, 2018

IT's Pennywise

With the remake of Stephen King's IT, Gillman Productions has produced the new Pennywise.  Having just seen the movie (meh) it was time to start my take of the monster clown. The kit comes as two pieces - the bust and the base. The base representing what was the sewer. The sculptor, Mark Van Tine, also signed the bottom with a little illustration -
Next was looking for suitable reference image. There were a lot and I settled on this one - 
Being he's basically white on white I thought it best to start with the hair. Starting with a mix of Leather brown and Mahogany the paint went on quickly - 
Looking at the base I outlined the letters and the pipe with black and then started filling in with color. The pipes are done in Vallejo copper from their Metallics line - 
Turning back to the clown the hardest part was getting the lines through his eyes symmetrical - 
I washed all the creases with Vallejo's Light Gray wash. But then taking another look, I noticed that the main part of his shirt had a blue cast to the shadows. So I made a wash of V's Blue Gray and added that in. With that, the figure was done. Thanks for looking. 

I painted the sneaker red to bring that color over from the front of the kit.

"You'll float too. Everyone floats!"





No comments: