Saturday, May 26, 2018

Horten HO VII Finished

This was probably the smoothest going kit I've built in a long time. The plane's landing gear had been painted, so it was just a matter of installing them in the wells, and then to tackle the canopy.

The decals were also a breeze, they came off the backing paper in a few seconds. On the top of the wing there were 2 white stripe decals. I didn't trust the white to be opaque enough over the dark color, so I opted to mask and paint the stripes on. But then when I put the Maltese Crosses on - yep the white was opaque enough.

Usually adding vac form canopies are my nemesis and dread when that part of the build comes along. 
I start all canopies the same way by giving it it's Future dip, and then letting it dry. The dip happened a few days ago, so it was ready to start cutting. The cut went smoothly, and I decided to paint the framework freehand rather than masking. I must say between the paint and fit this is my best one yet.
Thanks for looking.



No comments: