Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Horten HO VII

While waiting for my I.M. pilot to arrive,  I discovered that I had another Luft '46 plane in the form of Planet Models Horton VII flying wing.
Having built another Planet Models resin kit, they are very nice.

Diving right into it, I assembled the interior. One thing that caught me, and also caught me with the last Planet kit, is there are no specific spots for the seats etc... So gluing the parts in and then trying the cover on, I found I put the 2nd seat too far back. So I had to get the back seat, and stick out and reposition. Hopefully I remember for the next one... ;)

I think I took this pic *before* I had to move the seat. The other thing is that the back seat has it's own instrument console, but it goes on the top part. So you need to see where that fits in as well.



As mentioned there's not a lot of parts and while waiting for some sub assembly to dry I painted the bottom with RLM 65. The wheel wells and the interior will be painted RLM 2 - 

More next time. Thanks for looking.

No comments: