Saturday, April 14, 2018

Me. 1092/3 part 3

Getting the Me. together from the last episode, I took a good look at the panel lines. In some spots they really look like mini Grand Canyons. So I've decided to fill in the ones that really offend, and then take a look at the rest. Here's what we have after filling -

While I was waiting for this to dry, I too a look at the previously Futured canopy. As is with too many canopies, in an effort (I'm guessing) to keep things in scale, they seem to make the details too faint.  I have been using the Tamiya Tape to cover the glass panels, but a member at my modeling club suggested I use Bare Metal Foil as it's thinner and makes the canopy frames easier to see. Which I did, and the frames are *still* barely visible -
After seeing this was the best I was going to get, I put the kit down for a few days. In the meantime I opened up the Lippisch kit. see next. Thanks for looking.

No comments: