Thursday, April 26, 2018

Future Retro Moon Suit

I've had this model  from Futuristic Models in my stash for a while now. IIRC there was supposed to be a styrene version produced by someone, but apparently that plan must have just gone away. Liking the Future Retro look and wanting one, I picked this model.
There are two version of this Moon Suit; one with the astronaut running with a rock and a rock hammer, the other with the astronaut just standing there. I have the running version. It's apparently based on this image from Life -
 




The kit is a gray resin, with the windows a clear resin. The clear is mostly clear and dips in Future made it slightly better. There was a seam line on the main body par, and some flash here and there, but nothing that couldn't be dealt with- 

The aforementioned seam
The other thing to notice was the very big pour plug on the main window. I always take clear resin as being brittle, so I was very careful with the dremel tool getting rid of this plug.  I did get a crack on the bottom but I luckily caught it in time and super glued it closed.  All the clear parts then got a dip in Future. 

Taking a break from cleaning the seams - yes there is a little noticeable line along the accordion section of the arms and legs - I decided to paint the astronaut - 

More painting and I start the assembly next time. Thanks for looking.


No comments: