Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Brit Zombie

I found this model after stumbling across a You Tube video of  a channel of  guy called The Dark Power. He is a sculptor, model maker and special effects enthusiast based in London, England.
One of  sculpt videos he did was this zombie. The next video showed him molding and casting it. It looked great. In the video he also offered a casting for sale. I couldn't resist. While zombies aren't really my thing, this one piqued my interest. Made contact and a week a box arrived from England - it was my Zombie.

I cleaned him up and got rid of the few seam lines. I needed to be careful with this resin as it's very brittle. Then my usual double coat of primer - 
  
My latest session with him I did the noodle approach to make it looks like something going on under the undead skin and give it a little more interest - 

There's the skin to go on, plus a lot of bone, and gore to go. Stand by for that, and thanks for looking. 

 

No comments: