Monday, February 29, 2016

New Aquistions

I felt that my .3 airbrush was fine for some of my smaller models and minis. But for my larger kits it just wasn't cutting it. So I went and picked up the .5 Iwata CR. I've yet to try it, but have a project on my bench where it will come in handy.



The next package at my mailbox was Filmy Girls' Pearl.  From their website:

Filmy's Girls resin model kits are created and produced by a team of talented artisans led by veteran modeler Marc Havican.  

At the heart of each Filmy’s Girls kit is a female heroine, posed in a tasteful way that is sexy, yet not offensive.  Each of our designs calls to mind the classic pinup style of Gil Elvgren, incorporating a setting that tells a story in a humorous way.  We want our kits to bring a smile to your face, and to the faces of everyone who sees your finished buildup.
Pearl is the second Girl that I have gotten, the first being Daphne's Surprise. Daphne is an astronaut who Uh Oh unexpectedly steps on something squishy ...

This time around we have Pearl who is a diver  and finds herself in a bit of trouble! 
The box art

Part of the base with the eel, and clam shell

Most of Pearl
 The parts are fantastic and each part is well packed in the box. I'm not ready to start the model, some I only took out major parts for the review. Her head was still packed away and I didn't want to unpack as I never seem to wrap it up as good as it came. So for now, you have to enjoy her face from the box art. ;) 

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.




No comments: