Friday, March 4, 2016

The Frost Giant (part 3)

This time around I was tackling the base. But first I had to cut off the base the Giant already had. Easier said than done. I took a fine saw and it just wasn't making a dent. So finally I got my sprue cutters and went at it - 
 Once he was off the plastic disk. I chose one of the numerous water "bowls" that I have hanging around from my spider enclosures. I filled it with Celluclay, and once dry Put a layer of Aves over the top. From there I  took some loosely wadded up tin foil and  made some suggestion of ground work.  Then I pushed the Giant and some Z scale spruce trees into the Aves. 



I also sculpted in some footprints and pushed over two of the trees as if the Giant bowled them over while getting to the edge of the cliff.  When the Aves dried, I primed the whole "mountain" black. 
It's shiny b/c the paint's still wet.
 Next up is the ground, the rock face and some snow.  That should be it then. 
Thanks for looking.  
(Ed. note - any product link I show is for informational reference only. I'm not endorsing any product - unless you want to endorse me)  ;)


No comments: