Friday, February 19, 2016

Blood Rage's Frost Giant

The Frost Giant is one of a set of about a gazillion figures from the Blood Rage game's Kickstarter (see thew Acquisitions link  below for the story). Starting off with a primer, I once again fell into the trap of looking and not finding seams - 

You may have seen this before, as he was 1/3 of set that I recently published in a New Acquisitions post. From here, and the fact that he was from a Viking Game (singing the lyrics to Led Zep's Immigrant Song in my head right now) and decided since he's from the Land of Ice and Snow, he has to give an appearance of cold. So what I did was add a little blue to the colors I used. 

Here he is as of last night. Getting back to the seams - once I started painting the figure - yep, I started to see them. Sigh. I took off what I could, but I have to admit I left a few. Looking at the other Giants, this one was the worst for seams. The rest should cause less headaches. 
Anyway, the hair and rock are finished, but the skin only has a base coat on it. I took the next two pic before giving it a shot of Dull Cote and calling it a night. Thanks for looking.


No comments: