Saturday, November 7, 2015

X-19 - Moving Along

I got so more time in the hobby room and continued with the X-19. First thing I had to do was get the plane on some sort of base. The easiest thing I could think of was to just insert a rod ino the plane and then have another rod attached to a base.  I bought a bag of different size rods at a hobby shop a long time ago, so I went looking about found two the went into each other fairly tightly, those were installed.

Moving along, I wanted to use the new Vallejo Aluminum paint. That needs to be based with some of V's Gloss black primer. It sprayed of effortlessly. This is going too well. Once dry the Aluminum was next. I have to admit that V's metallic paint is terrific. It went on effortlessly with no additional thinner added to the airbrush cup. (I spray at ~ 18-20 psi), and went on nice and smooth. 

Finally I had to tackle the canopy. Typical for Anigrand, the frame marking s are barely there - I guess that makes sense for the scale - but Whoo boy they are difficult to mask. On spec I bought some Humbrol Maskol to try. While it went on fine, not being able to see where the edges are, I had a hard time with the lines.  The last shot is the canopy painted and masked removed. Its just sitting on top of the fuselage for now. I'm going to need to do some touch ups to get it to look a little more realistic. Here's the pics, and as always -- thanks for looking.



 

No comments: