Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tried a Decal

Having never made a decal before, I was a little nervous to try. Then thinking "Hey, it's only a piece of paper and some ink." I decided to give it a shot.
I found an image of the "Rocketship XM logo" and brought it into my favorite viewer - Irfanview
There I changed the black and white image by bringing in some color to the letters, close to what the original decal looked like. I sharpened a little and after finding out the size of the decal I needed, I told Irfanview to print the logo out 2.2cm X 4.4cm, and voila, I had a decal.

It's not perfect as the black background as a few flaws, but I think because the part of the base where the decal will be is painted black - it'll be all right. I sprayed the decal with a clear coat and tomorrow will give it a shot putting it on the base.  Thanks for lookin'.

 

No comments: