Thursday, November 12, 2015

Finishing up The Rocketship XM

I already had two tries at the decal. The first problem was my fault, the second one... I don't know what happened. As soon as I put the decal in place there was a little chunk taken out of it where the "e" is in Rocketship. Not noticing it right away I went to move the decal into place and where it bent it cracked, and a crack that couldn't be hidden. :(
I'm gong to give the home made decal one more shot before ordering a real one from Fantastic Plastic.

But I moved on to painting the ship itself. I had previous given it a coat of V's black gloss primer. Then today, not having the Titanium color that is called for in the directions, and Vallejo not having that in their inventory, I decided to use the color DurAluminum.  It's darker than Aluminum, but not as dark as the Steel appears to be. 

Here's the almost final image. I'll be back with just a finished image when I get the decal sorted out. Thanks for lookin' - -

No comments: