Thursday, November 5, 2015

More of the X-19 and a Snag

I made it up to the attic and quickly became aggravated. I have been using those rectangular plastic Chinese take out containers to hold all the parts of kits I'm building. We'll, one container per model. So I go in to the container because I wanted to get the landing gear doors on before I painted. The doors were right out in the open, but ... one wheel, one landing gear and ...  the other is gone. Both the wheel and gear is gone. Then I look for the front one and that wheel is gone too. I go to the box where I still have the clear parts and the decals, and that's all that's in there. CRAP!! 

I tear apart my desk, cursing all the way that I never went out to buy more shelves to get the stuff off my desk -- no parts. I crawl underneath the desk - and no parts. 


The only thing left for me to do is to show the plane with the landing doors closed. I really don't like that look, b/c to me "The door is closed because the modeler f##ked something up."  But now here I am with the doors closed. The first door went on with a little difficulty. It was slightly warped, but once I got it glued in place I was quickly able to even things off with a sanding stick.  The other door was put in place and Holy Moley it is TOO warped. I could have taken the part down and did the hot water dip, but in my state of mind I tossed it in the garbage and got out the Aves. I mixed up a ball of it and pushed it into the opening. I went in fine and with a wet finger and toothpick it looked fine. When dry I'll go at it with some wet superfine sandpaper and it will look good.
 
The resin door is on the right, the Aves door to the left.

 Same for the front gear. A little press to the edges with the Xact-o knife to insinuate the panel edge and I'm done. Sorry for th blurry pic. Here we have the front door Aves'd closed. 


Now I have to let it dry. Which is good b/c it's time for me to get some lunch. Now what to have? 

Thanks for looking.
 

No comments: