Saturday, February 21, 2015

SS Ion Cannon Finished

Well, the Ion Cannon was so easy being only 4 parts that I'm done. I thought I had taken a pic of the first thing I did which was the cliff face. everything was painted in a light gray primer and then I used Citadels Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade and Reikland Flesh washes and covered the cliff. I then put a little extra Nuln Oil into the deepest recesses. 



Next came the ice in the form of Tamiya White Putty. Using one of an old dental tool that I picked up and lots of water I made the putty into a slush and spread it around. Once dry I then painted it in blues and whites hoping to convey the message of cold. At the end, I gave the whole cliff and base a light coat of Gloss.

The Ion Cannon was next and I started by preshading all the panel lines and little greeeblies around the sphere. I coated the whole cannon with Vallejo's Foundation white. Next I added a little detail with some of the panels by using various off white colors. One the images of the ion cannon one can see a few rust stains off of some of the greeblies. The greeblies didn't really match up and so not to make things looks outta scale I only added in two rust streak on the bottom of the cannon. The cannon itself was done with German Gray, which is a *very* dark gray, and then touched the high points with  some War Paint Gunmetal. Then I added black the the deepest recesses.  At the end the cannon got a coating of Satin finish. 
Here's the finished model. Thanks for looking. 





No comments: