Monday, October 10, 2016

New Star Wars ships

Always on the lookout for something new. I ran across a few SW Starships in Barnes and Nobles bookstore of all places. I guess B&N couldn't make it by just selling books. They took out some shelving (in my store at least) and added some strategy games and statues on the ground floor. The top floor now has a toy section that's probably 25-30% of the top floor. "Coincidentally", it's right next to the kids book section.  Just what the parents need when they are trying to get their kids interested in books - TOYS. (eye roll)  

Anyway back down stairs two, of the strategy games they offer is Star Wars "X-Wing" and "Armada." They have a core game, which gives you everything you need to start to play. Then of course you can add to the game by getting the extra ships. I've been looking at the shelves for ships that are interesting to me. I move past the "regular" X-Wings, TIEs, and other canon ships, which I figure I can pick up any time. Instead  I look for the odd ball ships. My latest by are t the Assault Frigate Mk.2 (Armada), and the Mist Hunter (X-Wing). The Mist Hunter for those that don't know is the ship of the bounty hunters Zuckuss and 4-LOM. You can see them at the bounty hunter scene in The Empire Strikes Back. 
Zuckuss and 4-LOM are the two to the far right of the image
Here are the ships -
The Mist Hunter



No comments: