Friday, October 28, 2016

Barking Mad

One of the other kits that I had on the work table was "Barking Mad" by the seemingly defunct Mad Dog Resin. I looked and there is no longer a web site for them. If anyone knows of a new site please let me know and I'll update this post. 
Anyway, I've had this kit for quite a while when I was doing more buying than building.  Barking Mad seems to be a cross between The Hulk, and a werewolf. 
The kit comes in 4 parts - the head/body, 2 arms and the base. There were no bubbles and the seam lines were easy to eliminate. There was a bit of a gape between the arms and body, but a thin snake of Aves Apoxie Sculpt took care of the gap.  After the Aves dried, I began my priming.
Most of my werewolves are a brown color, so this time I decided to stick mostly to backs and grays, with a little of Vallejo's Cork Brown for contrast. I started the inside of his mouth (and eyes) with Citadel's Bugman Glow.

While all this was drying I turned my attention to the base, and painted the skulls an off white, the ground a tan color and the actual base part, black. Once dry the base needed a little more. So I spread some PVA glue and added sand. 

Whoo boy those skulls are bright. So I toned them down with a bit of Citadel's Agrax Earthshade.
I added a little red wash to the werewolves eyes, and mouth as if he just had some lunch. ;) I was considering adding some blood to the base, but decided to keep it simple. I super glued the figure to the base and called this one done. Thanks for looking.




No comments: