Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Little Joe II part 2

In an undocumented session I applied the Vallejo Metallics Aluminum, and then added stripes of "Steel" according to the directions. I coated it with V's Metallics Varnish and left it for a day to cure. 
The next day, it was time for the decals. There are lots of them and nearly all are black squares, and rectangles.  The good points of the decals is that they are thin and go on with any problems. The bad point is they are thin and want to curl up on itself and if you have to move it more than a mm, it will rip.  I lost the very first decal I applied because of that. I'll mask and paint that one on later - I continued - 
  
The other problem I had is keeping straight where I was on the rocket. I lost another decal by applying it to the wrong quadrant, and then trying to move it. Not having built a rocket in a long time, it was the most stressful time I had at the hobby bench in seemingly forever. About half was through I learned that it's better to cut and apply all the black marking separately, rather than risking headaches of more ruined decals.

You'll notice the Aluminum color on the ship.
I ruined a 3rd decal applying the "United States" wording down the side of the rocket. It ripped in half and then folded over on itself.  There was a second set of the words. But these were a smaller text size. No matter, I didn't have any other choice. 
After the appeared to dry I applied the Micro Sol, to have them sink into the panel lines and radiator covers. Taking a look one of the decals ripped while conforming to the radiators - Dang it, I'll have to paint that.  I saw they all weren't nestled in and applied another coat where needed.  This is when I decided to call it a day. 
Check back to see the finale (hopefully). Thanks for looking.
 

1 comment:

Juliet Pius said...

This is my testimony on how i was cured by Dr Idahosa, i am Juliet Pius i had Hiv Disease for 2years and i tried all means to treat my self but no doctor could help me cure the Hiv permanently i even took some drugs that was prescribe to me by many doctors but none could work i felt it was going to stay permanently since i could not cure my self until one day i was browsing through the internet i saw different testimony with different people on how they were cured from the disease by Dr Idahosa i never wanted to try because i knew anything done with internet were always scam but because of the pain i have i gave it a try and email him and he replied back i told him my problem he prepared a portion and send it to me which he instructed i should take morning and night i did it constantly and suddenly i started having change in me, so my brothers and sisters am glad to say Dr Idahosa has cured me from my Hiv disease he can cure any disease or sickness if you give him a try, you can email him today at; (dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com) or whatssap him +2348134261542 he is a nice man.