Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Purple Worm

This was a mini from D&D has been sitting on my To Do shelf for a long time. Following the box art I started in. 
The kit comes in 4 parts - the body, top and bottom hales of the head and a base. 

It was much easier to paint the inside of the mouth before gluing it together. So it got a coat of V's Beige Red. It was at this point I noticed a missing tooth on the bottom jaw. So I drilled a thin wire in and sculpted some Aves to fill in the missing fang.


Again, I got into it and never took and WIP pics. The worm was painted with V's Purple, Then I highlighted with flesh color mixed with the purple. I kept adding flesh to get the different levels of highlighting. 
The teeth were painted with Ivory, and then the whole inside got a wash of Sepia.
Thanks for looking. 




No comments: