Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bases Part 3

Thinking about the Kappa vignette, I  pictured a stream/river bank in a wooded area. The "only" thing missing from mine, is the wooded part. So I thought it at least needed a tree.
My other hobby is designing and caring for bonsai. Eventually everything living dies, and that's also true with bonsai. But with them being manipulated into interesting designs, I don't throw them away. Instead I keep them for making interesting trees in my dios and vignettes.

Having the tree curve over what will be the water also creates a certain grotto type look. This piece of wood was a bit larger and I took some of the smaller branches from the part I didn't use and superglued them to the  tree. You may also notice that I glared the base of the "tree" and added exposed roots, completing the illusion that it is anchored to the ground.
The next thing I did was to take some wire, and copying a YT tutorial I saw, I created what will be a small shrub to the left of the tree. After the image was taken, I "barked" it up with glue and chinchilla dust.
That took up most of the session. Even thought it's out of order, I just had to try and see if Realistic Water would mix with some acrylic paint to tint the water. I took some turquoise paint, mixed it up (it mixed) and poured some in the water area. I didn't want to fill it all the way up, so some went into the T-Rex vignette. Thanks for looking.



No comments: