Thursday, September 20, 2018

Bad Fairy Finale

She has been sitting on the "in progress" shelf for a short while now and it's time to finish. 
The first thing for this session is to take a piece of wood to be used as a base and prime it. This was an orchid mount where the orchid sadly died. The moss there was where it was. I dripped CA all over it to keep it in place and to harden it up.  Then I gave the moss a shot of Green and the wood Gray Green.

After a few lightening coats to create a highlight the log and moss was done. I added static grass just to give a the wooden base a little something. As an experiment I painted the wood with Agrax Earthshade - 2 coats. I think it came out good. 

Then it was just a matter of placing the fairy. I sawed off the fairy's rocky base and then drilled a hole where I CA'd a length of paper clip.  A hole was drill into the moss/wood and she was super glued onto the mossy "nest". A little bit of the base I couldn't eliminate showed so pulled a tiny bit of moss from the back and glued it to the rock that showed. Oh, I also painted the rock that same green color. 

I think I'm done. Thanks for looking. 



 
 

No comments: