Sunday, September 24, 2017

New

This post is the after Jersey Fest article.  Ooh boy, I went a little mad this year. It started off with one producer, who wanted to be there but couldn't because of Hurricane Irma, gave an "I can't make it" model sale. From him I picked up a Hellboy and Abe Sapien bust. When I got them I realized they were HUGE! Parts of them were also cast in a translucent resin to aid in lighting. I may just light them up.


At JerseyFest, it really was like a kid in a candy shop. But knowing I had the two kits above coming, I *tried* to calm myself. 
Walking around I stopped at  John Dennett and Paul Gill's tables. From John, he sold out of the "Take Me to Your Leader" kit-


 but I did get his Ghoul - 

From Paul's table I got the new Pennywise kit from the remake of IT - 

Then in walking around I stopped at Goodfellas Resin, and picked up their terrific "Dragon Mother" bust. I like it because for whatever reason, many producers feel the need to have Daenery's kit in some stage of nudity. While I'm not a prude how many naked girls can you have on your model shelves...

The gap you see is for a lock of hair, not shown

At Troy McDevitt's table I picked up his mini Punisher bust from his comic book collection. The kits comes with stickers of comic books that correspond to each character. They fill up the blank spots on the stack base.



And finally there was a woman there with multiple casts of just two kits - a plaque that I don't remember, and an alien bust. You can never have too many aliens...  



Thanks for looking.



No comments: