Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The SkyFlash part 3

Getting back to the Skyflash after being a bit ill for a few days, I started by painting the vac form cockpit. Once painted, and glued on, I noticed that I could have sanded the front a little more. It looked cocked backward a bit to me. Oh well, theoretically my next one will be a little better.

Next on the list was to apply the decals. Odd for Anigrand, the decals were a bit thick, and took several applications of Micro Sol onto them to get them to conform to the curved shape of the fuselage.  even after 3 or 4 applications of Micro Sol I still needed to cut the decal where it rode over a panel line. Luckily for me there was just one panel line in the way on each side - 


Having a relapse I left it for a few days, and when I got back to it I wanted to apply a gloss coat over the decals to seal it in before continuing on.
Here's where disaster struck! I sprayed on the gloss and all around the cockpit the paint alligatored!!! WTF! I was so PO'd I just walked away. I really wanted to fling it off the wall. Check back to see if I did fling it, or tried to fix the paint.

No comments: