Thursday, August 3, 2017

New Aquisitions

Checking out my booty from the latest trip to the Nationals. Being my likes are so narrow, I didn't buy any kits myself. But I did pick up a few tools - 
From Top to bottom - red box is a razor saw from UMM, then the next two are a diamond bit file and then a seam scraper from Volks. Below that is a flexible straight edge for scratching seam lines from UMM. Below that is a handle that came with the set of glue applicators (to the right), and some thin CA glue above that. All from Glue Looper. The two items on the left are 2 sable brushes - also from Volks.

During the Real Space Modelers Seminar, which doubles as a Meet and Greet of the members of the Yahoo Space Modelers Group, they have a grab bag giveaway at the end of the meeting. My son won the Airfix LEM and astronauts. But since he only builds armor, he gave them to me - 
Then another man sitting next to me won the Revell Apollo Soyuz Link Up in 1:96 scale. He turns to me and says he already has it, and hands the kit to me.  I'm a scale slave, that's not my scale, but as it's a gift I will build it. 
Finally the mailman dropped off two packages. One before I left and 1 after, The before box is the Galaxy Quest Shuttle. It comes complete with Berellium spheres, and a base. I have an idea for base and will create something  different  - 
Finally my good friend Paul Gill, from Gillman Products held the kit for me mailing it the day before I came home, so it wouldn't be sitting around unattended in front of my house. It's Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!  I comes complete with a resin copy off the Book for the Recently Deceased. Pretty cool!

EDIT:  After I posted, the mail man came with a box from Fantastic Plastic. It's his 1:24th scale Velocipod from the 2004 movie The Incredibles.



Time to get building again! Thanks for looking.







 

No comments: