Friday, August 18, 2017

Douglas Skyflash (part 2)

Well, I didn't get it finished, but I am still progressing forward.  
I added the landing gear and then realized the wheels were a little wonky. They had to be broken off and realigned to the jet. 

While the wheels were drying, I turned my attention to masking off the canopy. It was then I noticed I never even touched it. So I dipped the canopy in Future. While *that* was drying I went back and had a look at the wheels. Looked good.  Then it suddenly struck me that I never put any weighs in the nose. Oh boy, I hope it's not a tail sitter. Turning it over while half wincing, I gave it a try. Whew, it rested on its wheels - 
Now I turned back to the canopy. Now in the past 3 planes I did, the vac form canopies gave me fits. So I started my cutting, sanding and fitting with some trepidation. After about a half hour, I gave it it's 3rd fitting and Holy Moley, it looks good!
I was very happy and with that fit and decided to not press my luck and call it a session (BTW that piece of dust is not in the paint and easily wiped off). 
Check back for the finale. Thanks for looking.


No comments: