Monday, July 25, 2016

Dennett's Spleen Stealer


I have been looking at this little bust from John Dennett staring at me for a few weeks now and decided to throw some paint on it. The week before I got my delivery of a few paints from Citadel's red line.  I got Khorne Red (which has a bit of purple in it), Mephiston Red, Evil Sun Scarlet, Troll Slayer Orange. I have seen the last 3 used on a number of mini vids on You Tube. Everyone has been bragging how these paints have a lot of pigment in them and really stand out. It was time to try it. 

I started  by coating the entire model in Mephiston Red - -

and then gave it a coat of Citadel's Nuln Oil - - 



 After the Nulm Oil dried I highlighted the figure, with evil Sun Scarlet, and then another high light of just the topmost features with Troll Slayer Orange - -





I also used my new best friend of paint  - Vallejo's Iraqui Sand for the eyes and teeth. The teeth got a coat of Agrax Earthshade by the gums, and then some off white dry brushed on the tips of teeth.
I looked on the color wheel and saw that blue was opposite the orange-red, so I gave the creature blue eyes. Thinking of something different I made double iris' and pupils. The pupils were simply black dots. Here's the final pics. Thanks for looking. 




No comments: