Sunday, September 20, 2015

CAM-23 Moves Fwd.

Moving fwd. with the CAM-23, I feel I'm in the final stretch. I think I left off mentioning that I painted the lower color (Pale Blue), and I started the upper color (Bronze Green) on the fuselage completely forgetting I had already painted the bottom color (the bottom color is almost exactly the same as the primer). After my first shot of the Bronze Green I realized... DOH. 


Okay, the mistake was made. I kept going, knowing I would have to mask off the bottom part again. 
Continuing I finished the Bronze Green color and then got the bottom the Pale Blue color again. After that I set up for the decals by glossing over the craft.
The decals went on with no problems, but after  they showed a slight silvering of the edges. I put on multiple coats of Micro Sol which helped. Then I hand brushed some Future over the decals and the silvering further disappeared. No worries about brushing Future on - it has a self leveling aspect to it and any brush marks disappears before it dries.


The two shots (above) are prior to the extra gloss coats as you can still see a little silvering. You can also see I glued on the pistons or whatever they are onto the engine nacelles. The wheels have also been added. 

I figure I have one more session and then I can call this one done.  Thanks for looking.


No comments: