Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Fantastic Four Susan

While I have to admit that I'm not a real Fantastic 4 fan, I do pick up kits that attract my eye. What caught my eye this time was when  I saw this sculpt in progress, the plan was to cast Susan in clear resin.
This gives the impression that she's invisible, but removing the early uniform which didn't disappear with her. I thought the use of clear resin was ingenious.

The kit is in four parts - the body the clear head and shoulders, a base and then a nameplate. It looks to be about 1:6th scale. The first thing you notice are the bubbles in the clear resin, with a particularly big one under her nose.  There's not much I can do about the internal ones, but a dunk in Future minimized the ones on the outside. Future even did a good job minimizing the one under her nose. 

The next thing I did was a search for a close color match of her uniform. well, there are so many variations - light blue, dark blue, comic version, movie version, that I just threw up my hands and decided on a light blue with dark blue trim. I'm also going to paint the logo on her chest the same as I did with the nameplate - steel with a dark blue lettering - 
Before calling it quits for the day I took the drill and some brass tubing, and pinned her feet to the base so I'll have a solid support of display.  
Check back.
 

No comments: