Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Dennett's Klaatu

Another bust from the talented hands of John Dennett is Klaatu. People recognize Michael Rennie in the starring roll in 1951's The Day The Earth Stood Still. 

The likeness of the bust is excellent, and the model comes in two pieces - the bust and the base. John was also gracious enuff to sign it for me - 

 I started right in with the face as I usually do, and began with a was coat of V's Beige Red, then a little Citadel Reikland Flesh shade wash around the eyes. I found it easier to get the lash line by painting the eyes black and that gives me a blank spot to color in the iris/pupil. The shirt was also primed with a gloss black in preparation for the silver topcoat. 




Next was the shirt. I masked the base off with tape, and then covered the lower part of the face with Silly Putty, then sprayed V's Silver.
When I took the tape off, it took a little bit of paint with it - the edges got he worst of it. After cleaning that up, I added a little purple wash to the cracks for a bit of color and then panted the name plate the Silver. with that, I was done. Thanks for looking.





 



No comments: