Saturday, March 17, 2018

Me P. 1092/3 part 2

In this session I ordered a cheap-o** Me. 262 from Megahobby to use the landing gear, wheels, decals, and pilot (I can put the pilot I was using back to the Bronco). 
**I say cheap-o becasue it was only $15, but in full disclosure the Airfix kit looks pretty good and I may order another for a 262 build.

So while I'm waiting, I figure the next step is to install the wings. Etched into the fuselage is an outline of there the wings are supposed to go. So lining up the wings I marked it and then took bits of paper clip wire to make attachment points - 

Inserting the wire into the holes, it looked great - - - until I looked at it from the front and one side was no where near even to the other. Somehow the etching was off by at least a mm.

The only thing to do was to turn the holes into slots and adjust the wings so they looked even from the front.  This had to be done with both sets. Looking the the pic below the red line points to the original hole, and how far one side was off from the other. Since I did all the work on one side the front wings had to be raised a similar amount  - 

With that problem solved, I used some Tamiya filler to close the gaps in the wing root, the holes that were showing and then some scratches in the side of the fuselage. 
Now to wait for the landing gear. If it doesn't come soon, I may tackle the canopy...  Thanks for looking.





No comments: