Monday, March 6, 2017

Caveman Dinosaur

Feeling a lot better now, I got back to my little attic lair or is it studio. :-P
I was looking for something easy to whet my appetite for building again, so I pulled out the T-Rex from the 1981 slap stick comedy Caveman. It starred Ringo Starr and a number of other recognizable names as Barbara Bach, John Matuszak, and Dennis Quaid. 
At one point the groups runs into a large T-Rex and more comedy ensues - 
The model is very well done and looks just like the model in the movie.It comes in 6 white resin parts plus a base.


It only took me an hour to get all the parts pinned. The only problem I had was there was a gigantic bubble where the tail joins the body -
But once pinned it was nothing to pack the gap with Aves. I then spent a little bit of time matching up the skin texture to the repair. I think I did an ok job. I then spent another hour adding the little scutes and skin folds to the rest of the join spots. 

Next up is priming and painting. What I'll have to think abut is that some images have the T-Rex gray, while others have it a gray green color.  If anyone actually reads these posts, what do you think? Gray or green gray? 
Thanks for looking.


No comments: