Sunday, November 27, 2016

New Aquisitions

I've been bad this time around, and have a few more kits to add to the stash. First up is a sort of grail kit. I thought this was long out of production, but found that Cellar Cast still has it available. The kit is Dracula and Lucy from Coppola's film Dracula. Just looking at the box gave an indicationOf how terrific the kit will look - 

There are no directions but the kit comes with a number of color images to show you how it goes together. The parts are pretty self intuitive anyway, so the build should be no problem.
I didn't count them out but there are probably 10-12 parts. There are no bubbles, But the resin does have a slight odor to it (tho not 1/2 as bad as some of the SE Asia kits). The are very thin seam lines which should give me no troubles to get rid of. Here are the parts - 


Next up isn't a kit but  finished pieces from Toby Wayne Studios. I first found this guy on You Tube where he demonstrates his sculpting, painting and other hobby skills. He also has a SITE where you can buy a few of his pieces. Most of them are in the horror or gore genre. I picked up an magnetic alien head - needed for my studio's magnetic white board, and a little guy named Eddie. Also included was a pretty neat note from the sculptor complete with "blood spatter."  :)

Yes, I know Eddie looks like something else. :-P And I'm thinking of changing the color of the water to try and make it look - not so much like what it does. Haha
Next are supplies to finish my Krampus mini from HobbyLinc. It's styrene roof material as well as styrene clapboard siding. I also picked up a set of chimneys to complete the look. More on that coming soon - 
Finally, to add to my classic monster collection I picked up the Phantom of the Opera from Saul Alvarez on the Figures Group on Facebook.  Saul is just the producer, and Mark Van Tine was the sculptor. The kit, once purchased the kit came very quickly, in a well packed box. The kit is the bust (with an excellent likeness) and a few pieces for a wall base.

Looks like I'll have enough work to do to get me thru the winter ... until the next offering comes. ;) Haha   Thanks for looking.
 


No comments: