Thursday, December 17, 2015

New Aquisitions: Susan:F4 + more

I had a bunch of models get delivered since I posted last.
First  is the first is the Heinkel 178. It was the first plane to fly under turbo jet power.  On 1 November 1939, after the German victory in Poland, Heinkel arranged a demonstration of the jet to officials. Herman Goering, commander in chief of the Luftwaffe, didn't even show up. Ernst Udet and Erhard Milch watched the aircraft perform, but were unimpressed. That seemingly was the end of that. 
The kit is by Special Hobby and 1/72 scale. I got it thru Squadron Mailorder


Next is a regular Hellcat, but the difference here is after reading an article in SAMI where the military converted a number of Hellcats into drones and flew them thru the cloud after exploding the A-bomb at the Bikini Atoll to measure the amount of radioactivity.  The decals will be coming from Alley Cat Decals out of the UK. As seen in the image the planes were painted red  and the tails were painted different color so the radio operators could tell which plane they were flying.   I don't know which plane I'll be painting yet until the decals arrive. This was "odd" enuff for me to warrant in my plane collection. The plane is 1/72 as is most all my planes, and was gotten from Megahobby.

Finally I move back toward the figures with Susan from Fantastic Four. If you remember the movie, when the Four first get their costumes; Susan was able to turn invisible, but her costume couldn't.  So during the first real adventure she had to strip out of her clothes do do whatever she did (I told you I wasn't a big F4 fan). ;) .The new kit by Mental Mischief has a 1/6th scale Susan climbing out of her suit (totally PG) and she is already invisible. Their website seems to be OOS, so look for them at The Clubhouse.
The skin portion has been cast in clear resin, while the clothes are cast in the regular off beige color. There is a round base with the "4" logo. It also comes with a "Fantastic Four" logo nameplate. Very cool.

Finally is Ash's Evil Hand  from Evil Dead II, created by my buddies at Gillman Productions.  It comes two ways. One with a 1/3 scale severed hand walking along the floor of the house. The other is the severed hand giving the finger. I chose the walking hand. As a special something they also included the Necromicron book. Thanks guys!




That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

No comments: