Saturday, December 19, 2015

Busy Day With A few Projects

Since I haven't really been up in my hobby area in a while, I was happy to the opportunity get get up there for a few hours this afternoon and then again after dinner. This afternoon I took another look at the AD-1 I was working on a few weeks back. The problem was that the vac canopy didn't sit right, and no matter what I did, didn't help. Finally,  I just puttied the crap out of it, sanded it down and called it a day and put it aside. Looking at it today, I thought it wasn't the worst thing I ever built and went to put the decals on. Thats when I realized I never glossed it.  After putting the gloss coat on,  I also glossed Armstrong's F5-D, that's been sitting for a few months. I guess subconsciously I'm trying to finish off all outstanding kits for this year. While I was at it, did I think to gloss coat the Blue Gemini for it's decals? No... Doh! :-P


After glossing those two kits, I had some time and decided to install the extra 2 paint racks I got off eBay. They really are acrylic nail polish racks, but they fit my Vallejo, and Citadel paints just fine. I had a little space at the top so I hung a few of my winning plaques from a few contests. Yay, me.  :-P

Then I saw my Bartholomew sitting on the corner of the desk. So I took out some paints and slopped a little more paint on him.  Then it was off for dinner.

Returning I took a pic of the paint racks and seeing the bare bulbs it made me remember the lighting fixtures I bought for over my work bench a long time ago. So I did those, then took another pic. It's here --
My bench with the new lighting and new paint racks on the wall.
Looking to the right is the little area where I photograph my models (I really need a good booth, and crowded around is my stash.


 
While still in the mood, I took Bartolomew out again, and did quite a bit more on him. I figure all I have left is his puppet eye, highlight his fez, gloss coating the evil eye and figuring out what to do with the base... Here he is for now - - 
Thanks for looking.
 

No comments: