Monday, November 4, 2019

Rolfosteus Part 2

 See part 1 - http://kevtk.blogspot.com/2019/10/rolfosteus-model.html

 In this session it was time to create the base for the model. I wanted it a little different than my other prehistoric fish, which were imagine in the sea. I couldn't find any info where they thought it lived but I gave it a river type base. starting out with an mdf base from Green Stuff World I added a mound of the Aves Free Form Foam epoxy for the groundwork. The stuff is very light weight and easy, albeit a little sticky to use. The only downside IMHO is that when it's mixed it smells like a wet dog to me until it dries.

Going to the fish section of a local Pet store I picked up an interesting little piece of wood, and some plants.  I cut the plant bases off and stuck them into epoxy and pushed the still soft epoxy around the plastic roots. The fish will be moving thru the tangle between the branch and plant.

Painting comes next. Thanks for looking.



Tho I create my dios to be seen from one POV, I felt the need to take a pic of the rear of the diorama.

No comments: