Monday, September 9, 2019

Good Grief Finale

Sat down at the desk and did the final touches to the Good Grief kit.  After a talk and some kidding with the guys who created the kit, online and at Jersey Fest,  the 3 what I thought were palm fronds (why ony 3 leaves on the base?) turned out that they were actually Woodstock's feathers. I guess snoopy got hungry enough. Glad I didn't decide to sculpt a little bird for Snoop...  So those got a dry brushing of yellow.

Next was I was informed that the blanket wasn't army surplus as "my story" imagined, but was Linus' blanket. Linus' blanket was blue. So I felt the need to change that.
Next up was I took the cord that was provided in the kit, soaked it in brown wash,  and did a wrapping so the baseball bat and his cooking pot no long just magically hung off the backpack.  Afterward the rope got a highlighting of V's Dark Sand.

I couldn't leave well enough along and I added tiny leaves to the dead bushes, and even left some on the ground.

I finished off painting the rifle and the last step was coloring the wrapping. The base coat being Dark Sand, with an Ivory highlight and then some camo with V's Olive Green.

Finally I wasn't in a mood to mess with the seamline that resulted from gluing the hand to his arm so I just took some Aves and created a wristband.

With that I was done. It was a nicely engineered kit and a pleasure to work on. Thanks for looking.






No comments: