Thursday, November 8, 2018

Deinonychus

The actual full title is Dinonychus: The Wolf of the Early Cretaceous.  With my table cleared, this is my next project. This kit was the result of a Kicstarter a year or so ago. The creative  guy behind this is Nick Fonseca.  His website isn't up but his work can be found on DeviantArt.  

The kit is 1/5 scale and is 24" long. It comes in 8 parts - the face, body tail, 2 arms, 2 legs and a rocky base. 
After a wash, I gave the kit a once over, and there was some small instances of a seam here and there. It took about 20 minutes to get it clean and then the rock was given a black prime, and the dinosaur primer in a tan. Once the primer was on, I found a few more spots that needed a little more cleanup - 

Now normally the paint scheme is modeled after a modern day animal. So I think I'll give this kit a few days to think things over and pick a paint scheme. Be back soon. Thanks for looking. 

No comments: