Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Rising Sun Miniatures Game

I have been waiting for this one!  as many may know, I don't actually play the mini games. But I do love some of the details that the figures now have - a long way from the old Ral Partha figures. 

This was another Kickstarter offered by Cool Mini Or Not (CMON).  I forget the amount asked, but basically they offer you the game, and then as others join the bandwagon, and the more they make the more free bees (in this case) they offer.  CMON has had tremendous luck with these kickstarters. The last game I was involved with - Blood Rage a Viking game, made more than $1million. This one, if they didn't go over $1 million, they came awfully close.

When all was said an done, I ended up with 4 boxes of game and figures, plus I bought the Art Of book. Their illustrations were terrific and I just had to have it. There was so many of the monsters that impressed me, I wanted to make sure they got painted correctly. 




I just opened one of the Monster Packs and was not disappointed. They are plastic - not hard styrene, but not really that bendy toy type plastic either.  
The pack came with Oni of Plagues, the Fire Dragon, Jorogumo the spider, and Jinmenju, a sort of Tree of Ghosts. I imaged a few of them - 
Oni of Plagues

Jorogumo

Fire Dragon
I can't wait to go thru the rest of the boxes and start painting. Looks like a lot of fun. If this game isn't already available, it should be very soon. Be on the lookout for it. Thanks for looking.


No comments: