Saturday, January 20, 2018

MSL -01 Moon Ship Glider Finished

For the last session I was waiting for the bases to come from SSM.  Well, as expected by their very quick deliveries, the box arrived and I broke one of the bases out to try and mimic a moonscape. I used various colors of back and gray and creat a moon look.

I then take the model off the shelf - and - - WTF it happened again. The top coat in places alligatored. This time only on what would be the top of the ship.
I think I'm going to have to make a change in the process here.

Anyway, I got out the ultra fine 3M sanding sponge, wet it and started very delicately sanding away. I had to get rid of the alligatoring, but not get down to the decals... I got it to where it wasn't terrible and then applied a rather heavy layer of Future. Future self-levels so I had high hopes that it would solve the problem. I feel that I got it about 90% looking ok. 
The ship went on the base and it's done. Thanks for looking. 
 


No comments: