Thursday, July 20, 2017

AWIL David

I couldn't just leave poor old Jack on the shelf by himself. So I turned to the kit of David from one of his hallucination scenes. 
Actually, David was released first by Gillman Productions. As far as I know he's still available. He's casted in odorless resin and the only seams you can find are mixed in his hair. About an hour of 'combing" out the seam lines leaves you with a perfect hairdo. ;)  A few bubbles also in the tips of his hair are taken care of with a dot of the Vallejo putty. 

There are many images online that show David in this pose so I printed out a face and also looked up and printed out the sign for The Slaughtered Lamb which is featured on the base.  
From there as usual, I started with a face with a coat of flesh, and the golden brown for a base coat of the wooden sign. The sign also got a layer of Citadel's Agrax Earthshade (have I mentioned I love Citadel's washes) ;) - 


Next, I added two different yellows to the eyes, and a reddish flesh around the eyes. The same color was also used in the mouth.

From memory I knew he had either a white face or was very pale, but while studying the image, there's still quite a bit of red in his face.  It looks as if the make up people put the white face on him and then told him to hold his breath for the shot. To get this effect after misting in white I added both red and then red+blue (purple) pastel dust around the face. I don't have a pic from that step, but as I masked to paint in his pajamas you can see the red tone on his forehead. I also cleaned up his hair with a base coat of Dark brown, then a wash of black, then a highlight of leather brown - 
I gave the bust a rest and turned to the sign on the base. The other sides of the base were stone, so that was painted accordingly - 
When the sign was dry I added dirt and soot and then a green "slime" wash to the sides of the stone -
Surprisingly I had a pastel green paint in my stash so I used that  for David's pajamas. I added a little white for the base coat and then straight from the bottle for the creases and shadows.  I was calling this one done. Thanks for looking.


Jack and David together again.


 

No comments: