Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Gillman's Rosewell Alien Tribute

This is one of the newer kits from Gillman Productions in my pile. As is often the case, I start with the base.
The spaceship having been painted gloss black has been masked.


Having enjoyed the squiggle technique to make the Dunkleosteus skin more organic, I did the same to the little Alien-

 Knowing I wanted to make him a pale gray, I added a little blue to the recesses - 
Next I painted the spaceship with Chrome with Vallejo's Metal series. This is good stuff with microscopic pigment (flakes) as compared to both their Model Color and Model Air series. Then the ship is obviously crashed so I sprayed some smoke on to the craft, and up the rock face.

Then a pale flesh from Vallejo's Game Air Flesh set to slightly cover the wormy skin texture pattern. Finally I added some gloss black, and a few white dots to the eyes. Done.
Thanks for looking.




An angle that favors the spaceship

 

No comments: