Wednesday, July 12, 2023

I Was A Teenage Werewolf

 From Saul Alvarez comes Michael Landon in one of his first movie roles (1957) as Tony Rivers, the Teenage werewolf. The first thing noticed was that the film was in B&W, and should I paint up the bust that way or go for color. I chose color and the next problem was what color the jacket was. Most of the movie stills are in B&W, and the posters had him in both a blue and red jacket... I, and a few others decided to go with the red. Looks more like one of those HS jackets. 

The sculpt is very well done in 1:4 scale. It comes in 4 parts - the bust, arm, base, and the sign for the school, plus it came with a card with the high school name.  Looking at the jacket sculpt and then at some of the stills, it looks like the jacket was  wool vs. the smoothness of the sculpt. So taking some Tamiya Putty I roughed up the jacket more or less. 

 Turns out I didn't taken any early WIP images. Here we are about 1/2 through - 


 Check back for the finale. Thanks for looking.

No comments: