Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mr. Hyde

I had Mr. Hyde on the shelf for a while now - as is most of my stash. It's been so long that I've forgotten which Co. produced it. (I'm going to have to start writing that down when I first get the kit). But it was sculpted by the one and only Yeagher.
The kit came in pink and white resin and had no bubbles and only a minimum of a seam line - 

In the movie Fredric March played Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.  What wasn't obvious to those not really paying attention was that when Jekyll first turned he hardly looked different. But after subsequent changes, he became quite animalistic.  This model is definitely his look at the end of the movie. 

After my two tone primer I have it a base coat of Vallejo's Barbarian Flesh. The hat and coat is V's Black Gray. The band around the hat is Gloss black.


The hair and eyebrows were painted with V's Black Brown, and the shirt was base coated in Beige, and then a top coat of Ivory, highlighted with Off White. 
The face got a highlight dusting in V's Game Color Flesh going *very* lightly -


Looking it up it was said that Fredric March's eyes were brown, so that's what I used. 

The base was primed black and then base coated with a dark gray. It was then highlighted with a lighter gray. I added a little V's environment Slime Green. 
The bottle was a tiny bottle I had lying around. 
The label was done by going to MS Word and typing 3 lines of random letters in tiny Greek font and printing that out. I used Army painter soft Tone to "age" the paper, and then Strong Tone to darken the paper edges. 
I added some Yellow/Green to the bottle, rolled it around and then tipped it over recreating a spill. Once dry I added a little gloss and then added of few drops of the yellow/green onto the base floor. 
When this was all dry I glued the bottle with some MicroScale Kristal Klear, and called it done.
Thanks for looking. 




No comments: