Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Lost Boys' Star Finale

 To see part 1, go HERE. I didn't realize she was sitting off to the side for so long!

The idea for the base was to be one of those mini-vignettes that you see on so many miniatures these days. star at 1/12 scale isn't quite a miniature, But I think small enough to pull off the look without taking up so much of my dwindling space. 

I was looking for a background, amongst the various Lost Boys wall paper. I was looking for something in regards to the demolished hotel. But there was nothing that showed up that I liked. There was a nice outside of the cave, but that really could have been anywhere. Then I found a scene of vampire David taking to Michael. And decided that's the one I'd use.  

Despite how it was fixed up it was still supposed to be a broken abandoned place. So I started with some sheet styrene scored to look like tile. I chewed away at it here and there and even partially lifted up one section. Then I used some Aves to crate a mound of stuff between the back of the flooring and the "wallpaper." Then it was just a matter of adding bits and bobs to fill it up to look busy. Another bit of stuff that I thought appropriate was the containers of Chinese food that was used in the scene. Knowing one could find card models of nearly everything I quickly found a container to cut out and glue together. 

 

 


The image has a red hue and I figured I'd need to bring that onto the base as well for a sort of OSL. Then the image was way too wide for the background and that needed to be cut down. I was just glue on with some LIQUITEX MATTE MEDIUM. The next thing to do was add some noodles to the container which I did with some COSCLAY.


 

Finally, Star was epoxied into her spot and I was finally done. Thanks for looking. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment